Safeguard Launches New Outdoor Wood Preservative Range
The new range of outdoor wood preservatives by Safeguard Europe allows for the easy protection of fencing, decking, sheds, summer houses and furniture. With correct application, the Safeguard outdoor wood protection range will significantly increase the effective lifetime of softwoods. The range, which has been specially optimised for softwoods, comprises of two products. Roxil Wood Protection Liquid and SoluGuard Mould & Rot Treatment, both of which have been designed to work together.
Roxil Wood Protection Liquid
Roxil Wood Protection Liquid is a spray or brush applied liquid water repellent for use on softwoods, indoors or outdoors. Once applied, it repels water from the wood surface and protects it from the undesirable effects of moisture, resulting in more structural stability and a cleaner surface.
- Protects wood & maintains appearance – Roxil Wood Protection Liquid is a colourless water-repellent specially optimised for protecting softwoods.
- Helps prevent wood from warping – Roxil prevents moisture from being absorbed stopping the expansion of the wood and resulting in a more stable and long lasting structure.
- Reduced surface organic growth – By keeping the surface of the wood dry, Roxil Wood Protection Liquid can greatly reduce the amount of mould and algae growth.
- 10 year effective lifetime – Roxil will protect softwoods from the effects of moisture ingress for a minimum of 10 years, competing products only protect for 1 to 2 years.
- Formulated for use with SoluGuard Mould & Rot – Roxil has been developed alongside SoluGuard Mould & Rot treatment and is recommend for use after its application.
SoluGuard Mould & Rot Treatment
SoluGuard Mould & Rot Treatment is a liquid wood preservative, used for the treatment of wood in outdoor areas. Once applied, it penetrates deeply into the wood and the powerful active ingredients defend against wood-destroying and wood-discolouring fungi.
- Protects against mould, rot and fungal attack – SoluGuard Mould & Rot Treatment is a deeply penetrating and powerful treatment for wood that protects it from mould, rot and fungal attack.
- Proven performance – Demonstrated to be effective against wood destroying fungi in tests to European Standards EN 152 & EN 113+84
- Ideal for use with Roxil Wood Protection Liquid – The deep penetration of SoluGuard and surface moisture protection of Roxil Wood Protection Liquid provides complete protection.
- Useful primer for other wood finishes – The surface that results from the initial SoluGuard treatment will help to increase adhesion for other surface treatments, paints or stains.
- Odourless formula – Once dry, SoluGuards deeply penetrating formula leaves behind no odour.
For more technical information on either product or for details of pricing and supply, call on 01403 210204 or fill out the enquiry form on this page.