Damp & Waterproofing Consultant
Safeguard Europe is looking for a Damp & Waterproofing Consultant to assist with specifications, complex technical enquiries and documentation. We are looking for someone from a construction or surveying background with practical on-site experience. The ideal candidate takes a pragmatic approach to solving technical problems. Knowledge of waterproofing, sustainable renovation and energy efficiency retrofit is beneficial.
Good communication and presentation skills are desired as the job holder will be required to deliver CPD content and specification information to groups, as well as customer and staff training.
- Personal growth and progression opportunities
- 23 days holiday plus national holidays (increasing with extended service)
- Company contribution pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
About Safeguard Europe
Since 1983, Safeguard Europe Ltd has been developing innovative and high-quality products for the treatment of the effects of moisture in buildings. Our products include damp proofing, basement waterproofing, condensation and timber treatments among others. Many of these solutions are based on silicone, cementitious and polymer technologies and are developed, manufactured and marketed all under one roof in an end-to-end process that allows rapid new product development. Safeguard encourages an open and collaborative environment and welcomes ideas and contributions from all members of the team.
- Reporting to the Technical Manager.
- Creating and supporting product specifications and technical documentation.
- Presenting technical seminars to promote Safeguard Europe’s product range.
- Taking ownership of technical cases to advise customers on best use of Safeguard products.
- Working with architects and retrofit coordinators to design moisture safe renovation and low energy retrofit strategies.
- Working with the laboratory team to assist with development of new products.
- Liaising with the Marketing department to advise on content accuracy.
Skills / Experience
- Construction, surveying or architectural background.
- Ability to understand technical aspects and function of building materials.
- Ability to relay technical information to customers in a clear, positive and constructive way.
- Technical writing skills – ability to use text and diagrams to communicate technical concepts in a simple and easy to understand manner.
- Awareness of relevant building regulations and standards and construction product regulations.
- Knowledge of energy efficient retrofit strategies and relevant standards, e.g. PAS 2035 and PAS 2038, is desirable though not essential.
- Knowledge of industry-standard CAD software.
- BSc or equivalent qualification preferable but not required.
To apply for this opportunity, please complete the following form and attach your CV: