Since 1983, Safeguard Europe Ltd has been developing innovative and high-quality products for the treatment of the effects of moisture in buildings. Our products include damp proofing, basement waterproofing, condensation and timber treatments among others. Many of these solutions are based on silicone, cementitious and polymer technologies. These are developed, manufactured and marketed all under one roof in an end-to-end process that allows for rapid new product development. We are constantly expanding our scope to cover new territories and markets.
Safeguard Europe encourages an open and collaborative environment and welcomes ideas and contributions from all members of the team.
Safeguard Europe is looking for an experienced Buyer to fill this newly created role.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure we source products and raw materials from new and existing suppliers both domestically and internationally.
- Set up meetings with suppliers to negotiate the best price, terms and conditions.
- Streamline and expedite the movement of goods process (in/out) domestically and internationally.
- Work with 3rd party organisations to outsource services for logistics, storage and light production of goods.
- Coordinate the most cost-effective movements from suppliers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
● Sourcing the best price for components and bought-in products.
● Researching new products to include in our product portfolio.
● Review costs of existing stock items, source replacements, and build up list of alternative suppliers where appropriate.
● Manage outstanding Purchase orders and maintain supplier price lists.
● Keep import/export processes current, cost-effective and efficient.
● Research and identify logistics and manufacturing services internationally i.e. 3PL and contract manufacturers.
● Achieving the best value for received goods, taking costs of goods, movements and storage into account.
● Identify, analyse and implement shipment and packing-related programs and certifications.
● Review and evaluate subscribed and purchased services.
- Full-time employment
- Personal growth and progression opportunities
- 23 days holiday plus national holidays (increasing with extended service)
- Modern office and working environment
- Company contribution pension scheme
- Company life assurance scheme
- Team events
- Relaxed dress code
- Yearly Company Performance Bonus
To apply for this opportunity, please complete the following form and attach your CV: