Safeguard Europe is looking for a Technical Advisor to assist with specifications, complex technical enquiries and documentation. We are looking for someone from a construction or surveying background, with practical on-site experience that takes a pragmatic approach to solving technical problems. Knowledge of waterproofing, sustainable renovation and energy efficiency retrofit would be beneficial.
Good communication and presentation skills are desired as the job holder will be required to deliver CPD content and specification information along with customer and staff training.
£25,000-£30,000 depending on experience.
- Personal growth and progression opportunities
- 23 days holiday plus national holidays (increasing with extended service)
- Company contribution pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
About Safeguard Europe
Since 1983, Safeguard Europe Ltd has been developing innovative products for the treatment of the effects of moisture in buildings, including damp proofing, basement waterproofing, condensation and timber treatments. Many of these solutions are based on silicone, cementitious and polymer technologies and are developed, manufactured and marketed all under one roof in an end-to-end process that allows rapid new product development.
- Reporting to the Technical Manager.
- Creating and supporting product specifications and technical documentation.
- Undertaking technical seminars to promote Safeguard Europe’s product range.
- Taking ownership of technical cases to advise customers on best use of Safeguard products.
- Working with architects and retrofit coordinators to design moisture safe renovation and low energy retrofit strategies.
- Working with the laboratory team to assist with development of new product ideas.
Skills / Experience:
- Architectural, construction or surveying background
- Degree in a science or construction based subject helpful
- Ability to understand technical aspects and function of building materials.
- Ability to relay technical information to customers in a positive and supportive way.
- Awareness of relevant building regulations and standards and construction products regulations
- Knowledge of energy efficient retrofit strategies, and relevant standards e.g. PAS 2035 and PAS 2038 would be desirable though not essential
- Knowledge of CAD
- Technical writing skills – ability to use text and diagrams to communicate technical concepts in a simple and easy to understand way.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and complete the following form: