Safeguard’s basement conversion course provides attendees with an understanding of how to convert an existing basement into habitable space. Tickets cost only £30 per attendee and the course is held via google hangouts.
The theory covered in the basement conversion courses includes the following subjects:
- Basement Conversions: Types of waterproofing systems; their advantages and disadvantages; how to choose the most suitable for given situations.
- Installation: How to correctly measure, cut and fit Oldroyd membranes; fixings, tapes and sealing; forming details and sealing around services. The mixing, application and curing of Vandex cementitious tanking.
- Finishing: Options for creating a final decorative surface including use of plaster membranes, render and dry lining systems.
- Environmental Controls: Consideration of additional environmental controls and when they’re needed; ventilation options.
- Relevant Standards & Regulations: How to comply with BS 8102:2009, “Code of practice for protection of below ground structures against water from the ground”.
Book online now to secure your place on the next course.