Applying Vandex Cemline MG4 repair mortar
Finishing the application of Vandex Cemline MG4 repair mortar
Applying Vandex CRS Repair Mortar
Finishing the application of Vandex CRS Repair Mortar
When manufactured to the correct specification, reinforced concrete is an extremely durable construction material. However, most of us will be aware of so-called ‘concrete cancer’ and other forms of damage to concrete. The most common causes of concrete damage are:
- Carbonation caused by CO2
- De-icing salts
- Insufficiant steel cover
- Poor concrete quality
The Vandex Concrete Repair System provides a systematic procedure for concrete repair. The system consists primarily of cementitious materials which are homogeneous with concrete (strength, modulus of elasticity, thermal movement).
- Carefully remove unsound concrete and expose reinforcing steel completely.
- Remove rust and clean the reinforcement steel by sandblasting or other suitable mechanical methods.
- If available, use highest water-pressure technology and remove unsound concrete completely. Remove rust and clean.
- Stop further corrosion by applying Vandex Uni Mortar 1 Z that has been mixed using Vandex Anti-Sulphate Agent.
- Rebuild concrete using Vandex Cemline MG4 repair mortar. For horizontal surfaces, Vandex Cemrep 202 can be used.
- Apply surface protection using Vandex Cemelast.
A variation of this system, incorportaing Vandex Unimortar 1 as a repair mortar can be used when repairing concrete in swimming pools. Please contact our technical department on 01403 210204 or submit an enquiry for further details.
Suggested NBS specification clause: C42-310
Visit our NBS page for further information on specifying Safeguard products using NBS.