Stormdry Masonry Protection Cream certifications and accreditations
We formulated Stormdry Masonry Protection Cream for one reason only: to keep walls warm. We protect brick walls from moisture damage because it’s an effective way to protect and enhance the insulative properties of cavity walls and solid walls.
We don’t make claims – we report results.
Stormdry has been tested to EN ISO 15148: 2002 (E) as effective on concrete, mortar, brick, and sandstone. To test this claim, the British Board of Agrément conducted a series of advanced tests. (Test Report No. 53232)
- To test Stormdry’s breathability, tests were carried out in accordance with BS EN 12572 : 2001 Hydrothermal Performance of Building Materials and Products – Determination of water vapour transmission properties. Water vapour was found to have successfully transmitted through a Stormdry-treated brick wall.
- Both a Stormdry-treated wall and an untreated wall were exposed to accelerated ageing tests. Multiple freeze-thaw cycles to simulate seasonal temperature change and UV exposure to simulate outdoor sunlight exposure (in accordance with BS EN ISO 4892-3 : 2000 Plastics – Methods of exposure to laboratory light sources) were used. After a simulated 25 years of weathering, the Stormdry coating remained undamaged and functional.
- To test Stormdry’s water repellency, tests were carried out in accordance with BS EN ISO 15148 : 2002 Hygrothermal performance of materials and products – Determination of water absorption coefficient by partial immersion. These tests were carried out before and after the accelerated ageing treatment. In comparison to untreated samples, Stormdry was found to be fully water repellant both before and after the accelerated ageing treatment.
- Samples of the various substrates prepared for the capillary absorption test were used to calculate the depth of penetration. The samples were broken in half and wetted with water. They showed that Stormdry had penetrated fletton brick to a depth of 12mm.
- To determine how long Stormdry-treated surfaces took to dry, brick samples were immersed in water and sealed in a vapour impermeable membrane, leaving only the Stormdry-coated side of the surface exposed. Moisture on the Stormdry-treated surface dried much quicker than on an untreated surface.
Energy Saving Trust verified
The Energy Saving Trust is an independent social enterprise that promotes the uptake of sustainable energy solutions. Formed in 1992 as a government-funded initiative, the EST uses a combination of public and private funding to provide advice, models, recommendations and grants for sustainable energy projects. The Energy Saving Trust has verified Stormdry Masonry Protection Cream application for energy efficiency purposes. “The product can inhibit the absorption of water into many wall constructions, which can help improve the energy efficiency of dwellings by reducing heat loss, leading to lower heating requirements.”
Verified Status is given by the Energy Saving Trust to products that can scientifically prove energy efficiency with independent laboratory reports and industry certifications.
CE-marked for the protection and repair of concrete structures
Stormdry Masonry Protection Cream has been awarded CE-marking under the British Standard EN 1504-2:2005: Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures. Stormdry was certified as effective when applied to concrete structures for in:
- Freeze-thaw resistance
- Penetration depth
- Water absorption
- Resistance to alkali
A1 rated against Fire by Warringtonfire
Warringtonhouse, a fire testing, inspection and certification house, tested a Stormdry Masonry Protection Cream under British Standard EN 13501-1.
After extensive testing, it received an A1 classification as a non-combustible material. This is the highest possible rating.
The A1 rating certifies that Stormdry can be safely specified for use on properties that extend above 18 metres.