Basement Waterproofing CPD Seminars Updated to Reflect Revisions Made in British Standard BS 8102:2009
– December 2009 saw the introduction of the first update to BS 8102 “Code of practice for protection of below ground structures against water from the ground” since 1990. Given that this is the first update to the standard for almost twenty years, it is not surprising that the revised version of the standard contains a number important changes. These include:
- Recommendation that a waterproofing specialist should be included as part of the design team
- New guidance regarding the height to which water should be assumed to come to bear on the basement structure during the structure’s life
- Changes to grades of waterproofing protection (Table 2)
- Updated guidance on defects and remedial measures
- Guidance on “combined protection.”
- Guidance on maintenance of cavity drainage (Type C) systems
- Clarified guidance on the role of the structure in providing “primary resistance” when cavity drainage systems are being used
Safeguard currently provide two RIBA Core Curriculum Approved CPD seminars on the subject of basement waterproofing:
Both of these seminars have been fully updated to reflect the changes introduced in the new version of the British Standard.
Both seminars are offered free-of-charge to architectural practices and similar organisations on the UK mainland. To arrange a seminar, simply fill in the online booking form at the bottom of any of the CPD seminar pages. Alternatively, you can call us on 01403 210204 or submit an enquiry to discuss your requirements.
Copies of BS 8102:2009 can be purchased from the BSI – www.bsigroup.com