Damp Experts Speak Up at the London Science Museum
– A variety of subjects were covered by the speakers at this year’s Dampness in Buildings Conference. The event was organised by Safeguard and attended by over 80 attendees from all areas of the industry including councils, housing associations, contractors and architects.
There were four presentations made throughout the day, with topics ranging from the scientific study of rising damp and mould growth through to practical moisture measurement and surveying techniques. The presentations given were:
- “Rising Damp in Historic Buildings in Italy” – Dr. Elisa Franzoni, University of Bologna
- “Airborne Mould in Buildings” – Sophie Downes, Birkbeck College, University of London
- “Indoor Atmospheric Moisture Measurement” – Graham Coleman, RTS
- “Damp Diagnosis & Best Practice” – Bryan Hindle, Brick-Tie Preservation
Feedback from the conference has been extremely positive with a significant amount of the attendees attending the event for the second time:
“I thought it was the most informative group of lectures I have attended in ages”
“All 4 presentations were of huge interest and were highly informative. Working in the housing sector I could totally relate.”
“I particularly enjoyed the information that was given on the day and getting to know the new products you have.”
To receive information about the 2016 conference or to request the summary of proceedings, including transcripts and audio recordings of the talks, click here.