Drybase Construction Joint Tape
Drybase Construction Joint Tape, in combination with Drybase Elasticised Tanking Slurry, forms a durable waterproof seal for construction joints and cracks.
Drybase Construction Joint Tape is a synthetic rubber strip, approximately 0.8 mm thick. It is covered on both sides with an alkali-resistant and flexible polyester fabric mat, which forms a web on the edges.
The tape’s exceptional elasticity is maintained due to the robust adhesion of the fabric mat and synthetic rubber, which combine to form a strong bond with the concrete surface.
Drybase Construction joint tape is resistant to hydrostatic pressure:
- on the positive side
- on the negative side with appropriate support
Apply Drybase Construction Tape with the following steps:
- Apply the first coat of Drybase Elasticiser
- As soon as the Drybase Elasticised Tanking Slurry coat is applied, promptly install the Drybase® Construction Joint Tape. Next, embed the fabric edges into the Drybase® EL3 mix.
- OvercoatDrybase Construction Joint Tape withDrybase Elasticised Tanking Slurry. Even out the surface using a damp brush.
Benefits of using Vandex Construction Joint Tape include:
- Tested for joint openings up to 5 mm
- Can be applied on a damp substrate
- Resistant to hydrostatic pressure.
- Permanently flexible
Movement / Expansion Joints
Where movement or expansion joints need to be covered, Vandex Flextape should be used.
Suggested NBS specification clause: J10-340
Visit our NBS page for further information on specifying Safeguard products using NBS.