Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil
Enrich tired wooden decking with the biocidal waterproofing power of Roxil, now in an Enhanced Decking Oil.
Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil beautifies and maintains the weathered wood surfaces. It dries to form a waterproof layer that enhances timber’s natural colour and prevents peeling, blistering and flaking.
Unprotected wood is vulnerable
Weather is harsh on wood. The combination of UV sun damage and rain damage has catastrophic effects on timber, causing:
- Greying and silvering
- Wood rot, algae and mould
Once these conditions have set in, they can be almost impossible to repair without replacing decking boards outright. Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil prevents degradation by preventing water and moisture from soaking into the decking surface.
Reanimate timber decking
Natural oils give timber deep colour and unique aesthetic character.
Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil penetrates wood to replace natural oils and essential extractives lost through natural weathering. Reintroduce colour and tone lost through tannin oxidization, UV exposure and moisture fluctuations.
Turn back the clock on weathered timber. Restore your wooden decking to something you can be proud of with Roxil.
Comprehensive timber protection
Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil protects against the three main threats to timber:
- Rain, liquid and moisture damage
- UV damage from sunlight exposure
- Biocidal hazards like mould, algae and rot
2 coats of Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil are all you need to revive tired timber decking and protect it from discolouration.
Easy-to-use oil-based liquid. Swiftly apply Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil with a brush or roller.
Quick-acting rain protection
Oil naturally repels water. Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil forms a hard-wearing protective film that absorbs into wood to keep it weatherproof. Water cannot soak into oil-protected timber.
Rain beads on the surface, making it easier to wipe away or dry quicker naturally than an untreated deck.
UV filter for anti-fade
Radiation from the sun degrades a vital component in wood that is responsible for its strength and colour.
After long periods of UV exposure, timber becomes brittle and discoloured. As wooden decks are often situated in full view of the sun without shade, they are at high risk of UV radiation damage.
Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil is UV-resistant, protecting your deck from harmful radiation and ensuring it stays strong and bright in sunlight.
Cleanse biological threats
Horizontal and close to the ground, wooden decks attract lots of biological growth.
Mould, algae and fungal growths make surfaces hazardously slippy. They feed off wood itself, causing it to decay and break down.
Further rainfall and growth on exposed wood accelerates the damage, giving opportunity for woodworm and other biological threats
Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil contains a unique component for a decking oil – a biocidal film preserver that eradicates any biological growth. Get protected from invisible mould, algae and fungal spores that seek to feed off timber and destroy it.
Compatible with an extensive selection of timbers
Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil is recommended for use with:
- Weathered softwoods
Colour enhancement may vary depending on the wood type.
|Appearance||Straw-coloured, oil-based liquid|
|Size(s) & Packaging||5 litre jerry cans|
|Coverage||6 m2 per litre |
|Storage||Store in a cool dry place and protect from frost|
- How will my deck look after application?
- Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil dries to a deep, dark and bold shine.
- How soon can I use my new deck after application?
- Following the second coat application, Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil should be fully dry and rainproof after 24 hours.
- What makes Roxil Decking Oil Enhanced?
- Unlike standard decking oils, Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil contains a small amount of biocide which fortifies the layer with extra protection against mould and algae growth.
- How do I know if my decking is compatible?
- Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil work with all softwoods. It has been specially formulated to work best with cedar, larch, pine and other softwoods.
- What kind of maintenance will I need to do?
- Roxil Enhanced Decking Oil provides long-lasting weather protection. A simple sweep once a week or so should keep away shoe dirt and fallen leaves. Roxil will protect against the rest!