The Vandex Flextape system, comprising Vandex Flextape and Vandex Uniflex NV adhesive, bridges and seals expansion / construction joints, as well as cracks in concrete structures.
Vandex Flextape is manufactured from a thermoplastic elastomer (TPE). Extremely durable, it has excellent resistance to weathering and is UV and chemically stable. The bond to the substrate is made using Vandex Flextape (2-component) Adhesive or Vandex Uniflex NV adhesive (1-component)
Vandex Flextape is applied as follows:
- A bed of Vandex Uniflex NV adhesive is applied in a strip at least 20 cm wide over the construction joint.
- Vandex Flextape is rolled out over the Uniflex NV (as shown in the picture).
- A final coat of Vandex Uniflex NV is then applied over the Vandex Flextape. Alternatively, a layer of mechanical protection can be used where added protection is needed.
Three types of Vandex Flextape are available, differing in width and thickness. The maximum permissible expansion under continuous load depends on the thickness of the tape and the width of the non-bonded expansion zone:
- Flextape 200/2 (200 mm × 2 mm) – recommended for movement joints
- Flextape 200/1 (200 mm × 1 mm) – recommended for cracks & construction joints
- Flextape 150/1 (150 mm × 1 mm) – recommended for cracks & construction joints
When sealing cracks and construction joints, the use of Vandex Construction Joint Tape should also be considered.