Damp Floors and Walls (above ground)
The basic symptoms of damp, e.g. peeling paint / wallpaper, are largely the same regardless of the cause of dampness. However, different causes of dampness require different methods of treatment so it is essential to correctly diagnose the cause of dampness before treatment begins.
The best way to gain the knowledge required to carry out such a diagnosis would be to attend one of our training courses. However, a brief description of how to carry out a survey for dampness is contained in our free publication, "Rising Damp and its Control" which can be downloaded from this page in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
Safeguard provide a wide range of products for use in combating and preventing above-ground damp problems in floors and walls such as:
- Rising damp
- Damp floors (Refurbishment)
- Waterproofing new concrete slabs
- Waterproofing piled foundations
- Rain penetration
- Barn conversions
Products for the treatment of above-ground damp problems include:
- Dryzone Damp-proofing Cream (Rising Damp Treatment)
- Dryzone System (Express Replastering)
- Dampcheck Plus (DPC injection fluid)
- Vandex Injection Mortar (VIM)
- Renderguard Gold
- Raindance Masonry Water-repellent
- ECS Epoxy Floor Coating
- DryBase Liquid Applied DPM
- Oldroyd Xs Flooring Membrane
Visit our CAD Drawings page to download CAD details in AutoCad (DWG), TurboCAD (TCW) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) formats.
Visit our case studies page for a complete list of case studies available on this website.
Safeguard currently offer the following RIBA-Approved CPD Seminars free-of-charge to architects and specifiers on the UK mainland: